This is a full scholarship offered by the Government of Japan and the scholarship specifically covers Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Law, Public Administration, and Local Governance courses.
Course duration is principally one (1) year from October 2021 to September 2022 (except for Business Administration Course, the commencement of the program is from September 2021 to August 2022). Courses will be conducted in English language.
Applicant must meet all the below requirements
1. Malaysian citizens with degrees.
2. For Business Administration Course, applicants must:
- be below 40 years old as of 1st September 2021;
- have good command of English language (minimum TOEFL score of 600/ TOEFL-CBT score of 250 or equivalent) with GMAT score result ; and
- have at least 3 years’ working experience.
3. For the other 4 courses, applicants must:-
- be below 40 years old as of 1st October 2021;
- have good command of English language (minimum TOEFL score of 550/ TOEFL-iBT score of 80/ IELTS 6.0 or equivalent); and
- have at least 3 years’ working experience in government offices (in the case of Health Administration Course, working experience in Ministry of Health Malaysia) (for Law Course, at least 4 years’ working experience including experience of handling law-related affairs in Malaysia).
There are five (5) courses available under the Young Leaders’ Program:
- Business Administration Course (Master of Business Administration) at Hitotsubashi University
- Law Course (Master of Law) at Kyushu University
- School of Government Course (Master in Public Administration or Master in Public Policy) at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
- School of Local Governance Course (Master in Public Administration or Master in Public Policy) at National Graduate Institute for Foreign Policy (GRIPS)
- Healthcare Administration Course (Master of Healthcare Administration) at Nagoya University
During the term of the scholarship, a monthly allowance of approximately 242,000 yen (subject to change) will be given. Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at the universities will be exempted. A round-trip airplane ticket is also provided
How to apply for Japanese Government Scholarship for the Young Leaders’ Program (YLP)
Application is to be made through our recommending Malaysian authorities;
- for Business Administration Course, please contact the National Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Malaysia at 03-6204-9811 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. Annie William),
- for Health Administration course, please contact Ministry of Health Malaysia at 03-88906050/03-88831108 or email to email@example.com (Dr. Norsyamimi)/ firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Anisah),
- for the other 3 courses, please contact the Public Service Department of Malaysia at Tel: 03-8885-3053 or email to email@example.com (Mr. Kamarul).
- For Law Course, application for non-government servant can also be made through Kulliyyah of Laws, International Islamic University Malaysia at Tel: 03-6196 4226 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ramizah Wan Muhammad).
Click here for more information.
(F) Application Process :
|November ~ December||Submit application form to respective Recommending Authorities by due date.|
|March ~ April (following year)||Interview. Only successful candidates will be notified to attend the interview.|
|July||Notification of final result.|
|September or October||Depart to Japan.|